Adoption, Foster & Donations
‘Hero Dog’ Puppies
One of our passions is saving Prison Break Puppies – transporting dogs from high-kill California shelters. From the “pullers” who walk the cage lined shelters, to the transport teams that drive them from LA to Seattle to our shelter partners who provide all the vet care. This all costs a great deal of money. Just the rescue and transport costs are over $100 per dog. We have created a Go Fund Me page to help with these costs. We keep some of these puppies to become Hero Dogs, their adoption fees go back into the fund for rescuing more pups – making them Heros! Each puppy will be vaccinated, spayed/neutered, microchipped and ready for a forever home!
“It takes a long time for a soul to become this sweet.” That’s what we think about our Senior dogs. Save-A-Mutt is so proud to be able to help assist our area shelters and rescues find wonderful homes for seniors. Adopting a senior dog is so rewarding, and takes a very special home, a very special heart. Read more about our senior dog assistance on our Emma’s Fund page.
1) Download* the adoption application – click here. *Please DO NOT import into Word software, all the formatting changes and there is no valid signature.
2) Fill it out and submit it to us by scanning and emailing (email@example.com) OR faxing (360-652-1086) or mailing (PO Box 423, Silvana WA 98287).
3) It takes a few days to review, but we will get back to you with questions and an interview.
Remember – our goal is to place dogs in a FOREVER home… and as such we have certain criteria we look for to ensure this. We are a 100% Volunteer organization and application review takes time, please, if you adopt elsewhere, let us know so we can move onto the next application. Don’t forget, your “adoption donation” may be tax deductible as we are a 501c3. Here is our sample adoption contract.
Foster Homes Too!
As Save-A-Mutt grows, we need foster homes. Fostering can be a rewarding experience, it can be hard work, but what a joy to help get a dog to it’s new forever home. We are looking for fosters for a variety of dogs, including puppies, adults and seniors. Download our foster application, send it to us and we may be calling on you to help save a life.
We are pleased to announce a partnership with Figo Pet Insurance. Not only will you save money, but SAM gets a donation for every policy purchased – just click here. Figo has the first-ever Pet Cloud with mobile app to manage your pet’s life. Some features of the Pet Cloud include:
- • Access to your pet’s records for travel and emergency
- • Text and email reminders for pet health appointments
- • Lost pet technology using GPS and family text alerts
- Get a quote today and save an additional 10% off with your Save-A-Mutt discount.(SAM100)